- NetRise Platform is supposed to be the industry’s first solution to provide insights into shared vulnerabilities across XIoT firmware images in an organization.
- NetRise has access to over one million firmware images, which produces hundreds of thousands of vulnerabilities potentially exploitable by threat.
NetRise, a company that provides visibility into the global XIoT security challenge, recently announced the launch of the NetRise Platform. The platform is supposed to be the industry’s first solution to provide insights into shared vulnerabilities across XIoT firmware images in an organization.
NetRise, a cloud-based SaaS platform, analyses and constantly keeps track of the firmware of XIoT devices. The critical information, artefacts, and risk are then presented in an easy-to-consume interface after deconstructing the firmware images. As a result, NetRise shortens the development cycle and lowers the cost of firmware security programs, enabling businesses to identify and fix previously missed risks swiftly.
“Traditional XIoT security products have little-to-no visibility into the underlying components of these devices. As a result, XIoT firmware has been treated like a black box, as end users have had minimal control over it,” said Thomas Pace, Co-Founder and amp; CEO of NetRise. “With the release of the NetRise Platform, organizations now have complete visibility and continuous monitoring of XIoT firmware vulnerabilities and potential exposure points to fill the gaping hole in most security programs.”
- Complete Visibility: Identifies recurring flaws in all of an organization’s products, establishes unambiguous risk prioritization, and shortens the time required for human responders to provide context to complicated issues.
- Continuous Monitoring: NetRise continuously examines and monitors firmware to find and prioritize: Compliance Adherence, Vulnerabilities (known and unknown), Software Bill of Materials (SBOM), Misconfigurations, and Overall Risk.
- Comprehensive SBOM
- Vulnerability Identification and Monitoring
- Vulnerability and other risk prioritization
- Risk comparisons of new firmware versions to existing versions
- Correlation across all monitored devices
- Firmware repository to query when new vulnerabilities are identified
“NetRise provides the perfect solution for mapping XIoT devices to traditional security processes,” said Michael Scott, Co-Founder and amp; CTO of NetRise. “With the company’s advanced capabilities to detect components, misconfigurations, risks and vulnerabilities, organizations gain the unprecedented ability to quantify and prioritize the risk in these historically troublesome devices. NetRise has access to over one million firmware images, producing hundreds of thousands of vulnerabilities potentially exploitable by threat actors that are not properly documented in the National Vulnerability Database (NVD).”
Fortress Information Security, the leading cybersecurity supplier for critical infrastructure organizations with digital assets, and NetRise recently established a strategic alliance. Global customers of Fortress Information Security now have access to the most cutting-edge firmware binary analysis tool available, thanks to the NetRise cooperation. Through the alliance, NetRise is given access to a strong route to market for Fortress’s power, oil and gas, and manufacturing clients, a market that has historically been challenging to get into.