- Thanks to the new syntax, complex pattern-matching queries are now considerably simpler to create.
- Neo4j’s technology is trusted by more than 1,300 businesses to run mission-critical applications while upholding performance, security, and data integrity.
Neo4j®, a pioneer in graph technology, has just made its fifth-generation, cloud-ready graph database generally available. In addition to facilitating easier scale-out and scale-up across every deployment, whether on-premises, in the cloud, hybrid, or multi-cloud, Neo4j 5 increases the performance advantage of native graphs over traditional databases. The result allows businesses to rapidly extract more value from their data and build and deploy intelligent apps at scale.
Emil Eifrem, CEO and Co-founder of Neo4j, said, “Graph technology adoption is accelerating as organizations seek better ways to leverage connections in data to solve complex problems at scale. We designed Neo4j 5 to deliver the type of scalability, agility, and performance that enable organizations to push the envelope on what’s possible for their data and their business.”
Specific advantages of Neo4j 5 include:
- Improvements to the query language and up to 1000 times improved query performance. Thanks to the new syntax, complex pattern-matching queries are now considerably simpler to create. Neo4j 5 is the quickest version, thanks to indexes, query planning, and runtime advancements. For instance, compared to Neo4j 4, multi-hop queries can now be processed up to 1000 times faster. These enhancements go beyond Neo4j’s graph results, which are already tenfold quicker than conventional databases. These advantages allow for more outstanding real-time outcomes at scale.
- Self-managed customers can expand and manage a massive volume of inquiries. With minimum manual labor and a sizable reduction in infrastructure costs thanks to automated scale-out across hundreds of computers. This advantage is attained because of newly added and improved capabilities like Autonomous Clustering and Fabric, which let businesses manage massive graphs and scale out in any setting. Additionally, Neo4j 5 automates the distribution and reallocation of computer resources.
- Constant updates for every deployment, whether on-premises, in many clouds, hybrid, or on the cloud. Neo4j 5 guarantees continued compatibility between self-managed workloads and those that Aura manages. Neo4j Ops Manager, a brand-new solution that gives users complete control over their environments, offers a single unified pane for simple monitoring and managing international deployments.
- Neo4j 5 performance lead sets a new industry bar. Neo4j’s technology is trusted by more than 1,300 businesses to run mission-critical applications while upholding performance, security, and data integrity. At a time when graph use is surging, Neo4j 5 further strengthens the company’s position as a leader.
David Fox, co-founder, and engineering lead of devRant and a senior software engineer at Adobe, said, “Switching to Neo4j was a huge win for us. We’ve seen significant performance improvements and a great reduction in complexity, storage, and infrastructure costs. Staff now focus on improving the infrastructure versus spending time frustratingly micro-managing it.”