- The announcement was made at the International Security Conference and amp; Exposition, a trade show in Las Vegas.
- The Ecolink 700 Series Garage Door Controller provides Smart Connectivity and expanded options designed for the smart home and multi-dwelling units.
Universal Electronics Inc. (UEI), the global leader in wireless universal control solutions for home entertainment and smart home devices, disclosed the availability of the first certified Z-Wave Long Range Controller for consumers. The announcement was made at International Security Conference and amp; Exposition, also known as ISC West, trade show in Las Vegas. Tagged under UEI’s subsidiary, Ecolink Intelligent Technology, Inc. (“Ecolink”), the 700 Series Garage Door Controller deploys expanded options for the smart home and multi-dwelling units.
With an experience of more than 30 years in creating security grade technology, the company has designed the ground-breaking controller featuring a range of up to 2,200 feet from a paired Z-Wave security panel or hub. Increased coverage and scalability, optimized battery life, interoperability, and backward compatibility are some of the major features of Z-Wave Long Range (LR) technology.
Before introducing the Z-Wave LR technology, multiple signal repeaters were needed in a mesh network to achieve transmission distances over and above the home boundaries. Z-Wave LR eliminates the need for these repeaters and offers new opportunities for Z-Wave networks. With Z-Wave LR technology, homeowners can remotely monitor and control their garage doors either via a smartphone or the security panel or hub, enabling an extra layer of protection against intrusion. The Controller is suitable to work with any certified Z-Wave-enabled hub or security panel.
The new Ecolink Garage Door Controller features the following:
- Longer range– The Controller has a range of up to 2,200 feet from any certified Z-Wave enabled security panel or home automation hub
- Compatibility – The Controller goes well with Z-Wave 300, 500, and 700 series security panels and hubs
- DIY home automation– Swiftly mounts to an existing ‘L’ bracket and connects via the Z-Wave LR standard
- Easy to install and use – Installation is easy. The Controller and an accompanying tilt sensor can easily be connected via SmartStart, where users can remotely determine status and control their legacy garage doors using their smartphones.
The Controller will be available in late Q1. The Ecolink professional security dealers in North America will handle the shipment, eventually leading consumers on platforms like Amazon.com.
Hrag Ohannessian, SVP of Global Sales for Home Automation, Security, and Hospitality, said, “We are proud to be the first certified Z-Wave Long Range product and excited to help consumers who want reliable, easy to use security technology for their home. This continues the many ‘firsts’ that UEI has contributed to our sensor technology history. We look forward to current and future partners that plan to adopt the Ecolink brand and are excited that the Controller is slated to ship soon.”