- The new module provides vendors with a fast, easy way to add Wi-Fi or BLE to their products, even with little or without in-house RF expertise.
- The WE310G4 facilitates device vendors with a low-cost, high-speed serial-to-Wi-Fi/BLE connection to an embedded design built on an 8/16/32-bit microcontroller.
Telit, a global enabler of the Internet of Things (IoT), announced the release of its WE310G4 module, which allows device vendors to add dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) 5.0 connectivity quickly and cost-effectively to their products.
The WE310G4 module is based on the Realtek Ameba System on Chip (SoC) and is ideal for a wide variety of embedded devices, including smart lighting, smart city sensors, aftermarket telematics, home appliances, medical wearables, and industrial robots.
The new module is ideal for vendors with limited Wi-Fi or BLE expertise and those with extensive RF experience who want to reduce the market time for new products. The WE310G4 module is IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n, and Bluetooth certified. It is also compatible with all Wi-Fi Alliance and Bluetooth SIG-v5 requirements, doing away with the time and expense of testing and certification.
The marketing samples of the module will be available in February 2022, and it includes the following comprehensive package of features and capabilities:
- Integrated, dual-core SoC, a high-performance application processor (working on ARM Cortex-M33), and a low-power MCU (ARM Cortex-M23) for Wi-Fi and BLE.
- Supports a wide range of peripherals: SDIO, UART, ADC, SPI, PWM, I2S, GPIO, I2C, and USB.
- Consumes less power for maximum use of the battery life.
- Standard industrial grade temperature range (-40 °C to 85 °C).
- Self-contained with complete Wi-Fi, BLE, and TCP/ IP networking stacks.
- A complete suite of advanced security features includes Secured Boot, TrustZone for Cortex-M, WPA3 personal and enterprise security modes, and upper-layer security protocols such as TLS-1.3/SSL and HTTPS.
- Serial-to-Wi-Fi hosted implementation.
- Telit IoT AppZone IDE for host-less application development.
- Pin-to-pin compatible with the Telit WE310F5 (single-band module), enabling rapid migration of existing hardware and software to the WE310G4.
- Available with (WE310G4-I) and without (WE310G4-P) antenna.
The WE310G4 module’s engineering samples will be available in Q2. The mass production is scheduled to begin in Q3 2022.
“Ultra-low power consumption, small size, and high security are critical for modules integrating with the global IoT ecosystem,” said Yee-Wei Huang, Realtek’s Vice President and Spokesman.“While the IoT market offers a wide range of small modules, none compares to Telit’s WE310G4 when it comes to quickly and cost-effectively adding dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity into their customer products.”
“Combined with Realtek Ameba SoC, the WE310G4 is the perfect solution for home, medical, and industrial IoT applications.”
“The new Telit WE310G4 module gives vendors a fast, easy way to add Wi-Fi or BLE to their products — even if they have little or no in-house RF expertise,” said Manish Watwani, Chief Marketing and Product Officer, Telit. “It’s ideal for vendors that want to develop wearables, IoT sensors, and other products with enterprise-grade security, long battery life, and other market-differentiating features, and then have them in customers’ hands before competitors do.”